The Southeast Regional Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs gratefully accepts donations of books including leisure-reading books, audio and video tapes. These donations will supplement our resources and help the Center provide access to an excellent and diverse collection of materials for families and providers.
If you are interested in donating any library materials, please review the following criteria:
- Books must be in very good or new condition. Bindings must be intact; pages should not have writing or marks; no pages should be missing and books should not be in need of major repair.
- Books may be either paperback or hardcover, must be clean and not damaged by water, mildew or mold.
- Audio and video media must be original NOT home duplicated copies in order to abide by copyright laws.
- Audio and video media should be in almost-new to new condition and preferably in their original cases.
- All materials should be published/produced within the last 5-10 years, unless there are no other materials available on a particular subject. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, diagnosis specific information, emotional support, wellness, parenting and children’s books. Magazines for recreational reading must be dated within the previous 5 months.
Any items that are not used by the library may be donated to the book carts within the hospital or other clinic waiting areas .
Donors are welcome to ask the Southeast Regional Center staff for recommended purchases. Gift certificates to local bookstores will be most welcome! Contact us for more information.