Lending Library Check-Out Policy
Any books or audiotapes, which are under the cost of $40, will be available for checkout. Videotapes and DVDs valued under $100 will also be available for check-out. Library materials over the allowed values can be viewed in the library. Staff will be happy to assist with limited copying.
Families and providers may check out three items at one time. Families are encouraged to visit the Center to check out materials however if you are not able to come into the Center, please call the Center staff at 414-266-6333 or 1-800-234-5437. When borrowed items are returned, either by mail or in person, additional items may be checked out. No more than three items will be checked out at any one time, in order to best meet the needs of as many families as possible.
- One week past the due date, patrons will be sent a reminder that the materials need to be returned promptly.
- Patrons who have not returned overdue materials will not be able to check out additional materials until the overdue items are returned.
- Books and cassette tapes are checked out for a period of 28 days. Materials may be renewed by stopping in or calling the Center. Videotapes and DVDs must be checked out in person and have a loan period of 7 days.
- A book drop is located outside the fronts doors of the Family Resource Center to return materials when the Center is closed.
- Postage-paid envelopes are available to return materials. Please contact the Center staff for this service!