Lending Library Check-Out Policy
Most materials (books, CDs, documentaries, and medical DVDs) are available for checkout. Materials that are not available for checkout are available to be utilized inside the center. Staff will be happy to assist with limited copying.
Families, providers, and community members may check out three items at one time. Families are encouraged to visit the Center to check out materials. For those who are not able to come into the Center, please call the Center staff at 414-266-6333 or 1-800-234-5437. When borrowed items are returned, either by mail or in person, additional items may be checked out. No more than three items will be checked out at any one time in order to best meet the needs of as many families as possible.
- One week past the due date, patrons will be sent a reminder via email or USpost that the materials need to be returned promptly.
- Patrons who have not returned overdue materials will not be able to check out additional materials until the overdue items are returned.
- Books are checked out for a period of 28 days. Materials may be renewed by stopping in or calling the Center. Magazines and DVDs must be checked out in person and have a loan period of 7 days.
- A book drop is located outside the front doors of the Family Resource Center by the aquarium to return materials when the Center is closed.
- Postage-paid envelopes are available to return materials. Please contact the Center staff for this service!