The philosophy and principles that are the foundation of the five Regional Centers for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs are:
- Children are best served within their families.
- Children and families are best supported within the context of their community.
- Families will have convenient access to care coordinators.
- Collaboration is the best way to provide comprehensive services.
- Family perspectives and presence must be included in all aspects of the system.
The Southeast Regional Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs believes in these principles and have hired staff who are parents of children and youth with special health care needs. We work hard to meet the needs of families by focusing on their unique strengths and by linking them to resources close to home. By working with our collaborating partners, local public health departments and a myriad of other community organizations, we are working to build a statewide network of services for families and their children.